1. On your way to check out the piles of baby stuff at Buy Buy Baby, stop by Home Goods to check out the… goods.
2. Be obsessed with finding the perfect lamps/sconces for your bedroom and go straight to the lamps area.
3. Find great lamps for $39.99 each and consider paint spraying them black. Go ahead and buy them and hope they look good in your bedroom.
4. Set them on your nightstands the
minute second you get home.
5. Stand and stare at them (a la Emily Henderson) for more than several minutes.
6. Sadly mutter to your husband that you think they might be too big. Listen to him disagree weakly.
7. Decide you’ll give them a few days to prove themselves worthy.
8. Tuck yourself in bed that night and flinch when the lights shine brightly in your eyes as you chat with your husband.
9. Sigh. Look at your husband as he comes to the realization that they are indeed too big. Sigh again.
10. Decide to return them. Procrastinate until the second to last possible day that you’re able to return them.
They don’t look too big in the picture, but in person, they just overshadow the headboard of the bed and the nightstands. Oh well. I’m sad to have to return them, but I’m happy to announce that Nick is finally on board with the desk lamp/sconce look for our bedroom. Hopefully we find the perfect pair for cheap somewhere soon or settle for one from our previous search (see this post).
But no trip to Home Goods is a complete and total fail. I love these huge outdoor pillows that will live happily in our nursery.
And how do you like this cute yellow birdcage thingy?
It reminds me of this birdcage from Crate & Barrel, but at 1/3 of the cost.
Okay, fine, they don’t look similar at all. But – both are yellow. Both are birdcage-ish. And ours is much cheaper. So, let me be happy, a’ight?
Best off-the-point news of the day: THREE WEEKS ‘TILL SUMMER VACATION!