Janella’s Birth Day – Part One

Janella’s birth day was a wonderful and amazing day.

Although I hoped for a “oh my gosh the water broke, go to the hospital NOW, drive faster, faster, FASTER!” kind of day, my body just wouldn’t cooperate. On Friday, October 14, I was 7 days overdue and went to the doctor’s office to get checked up. They told me that the baby’s head was so low, if it went any lower it would pop out. They said that everything looked good and my body was ready for labor.

But nothing happened.

By Sunday, October 16, I had enough. I was 9 days overdue. My swollen hands hurt, I was tired of pushing myself off the sofa, and I was constantly worrying that something bad would happen to the baby because it was so overdue – was my placenta aging? Would the baby swallow meconium during delivery? What if the cord was wrapped around the baby’s neck? Every kick the baby made in my belly made me feel better, but every hour that went by without a kick had me paranoid and nervous.

I told Nick that I wanted to call the hospital to get induced on Monday, October 17. He agreed.

He took the day off from work on Monday and I was ready to call the hospital, but I decided to take another long walk with Nick to see if my body would start things. More Braxton Hicks contractions, but none of the real thing.

I sat down to call the doctor, but I decided to check my email first. I got an email from the doctor’s office saying that they had booked me for induction for the next day at 6:30 AM, but it was up to me whether to go with the induction or wait it out until Friday.

I was so thrilled to get that email – there was no way I was waiting any longer to meet our sweet baby!

We spent the rest of the day getting the house ready and rested a lot.

That evening, I rummaged through the closet and pulled on the last clean shirt that would still fit me and my belly.

We went out for dinner that night… nothing says “We’re ready for Baby!” like a plate of pork and a baked potato…

Except for a plate of great steak and a baked sweet potato!

Full but relaxed, we climbed into bed that night excited and happy.

6:30 AM couldn’t come any sooner!

It’s hard writing everything down with a newborn that’s clamoring for my attention (or the food bags on my body) every few hours, so I will have to write this story in parts instead of waiting until I finish, which might take days to do! Come back soon for Part 2.


2 Responses

  1. you were ALL BABY!!!! so cute!

  2. Yay! I LOVE birth stories! 🙂 You were such a cute preggo!

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! You're awesome.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s